I am getting married May 2009 and I am stuck on my color scheme. I need another color to go with yellow and white, I was thinking lavender.

Discussions for the bride, by the bride...

I am getting married May 2009 and I am stuck on my color scheme. I need another color to go with yellow and white, I was thinking lavender.

Any ideas?

Have questions? Ask them here.

2 RESPONSES

WEDGEWOOD BANQUET CENTERS (Vendor Comment)
March 11, 2009

I completely agree! I love HOT and BURNT colors like HOT Pink or Burnt Orange. Talk to your florist about colors, or go to your local hardware/paint store and look at the colors available that would match the yellow you are using...and see what catches your eye first! Best of Luck!

A GREATER PLAN (Vendor Comment)
March 5, 2009

In my experience, it's a great idea to pick a color w/ "pop". Since white & yellow are generally seen by the eye as light/neutral, lavender would, potentially, give the wedding a Necco Wafer palette: all pale & chalky. Don't let this count out the purple! Rather, think "violet" or "plum" or "deep lilac", in small accenting amounts; like jewels in a crown! Plus, it's easier to find flowers (iris, stock, tulips, lisianthus, heather, statis, slavia) in these richer, brighter tones. Best of luck!

Leave a Comment

(log into your account: brides | vendors)

Discuss other topics now:

1. Our wedding is planned for June 20, 2009 and my 28 year old son is going to be giving me away.
  2. If I am supplying the groomsmen with their shirts and bridesmaids with their dresses (both very casual and able to wear again) and the bridesmaids with their jewelry.
  3. I'm looking for a dress that would be appropriate for an on the beach ceremony. I would like something that has a bit of color in it. My fiancee wants to wear slacks and an "aloha" shirt, so I'm having a hard time finding something that is casual enough to match with him but is still elegant and sexy.
  4. I am having a tiffany blue and chocolate brown wedding. My girls will be wearing tiffany blue dresses with brown sashes and my matron will wear brown dress with blue sash. I really like the look of bright pink with the tiffany blue. I am not sure if it goes well with blue/brown though. Any thoughts?
  5. My dress is ivory and the bridesmaid dresses are coral. Will it be ok to have white chairs and a white wooden arch?
  6. My fiance and I live in AZ, and are being married in WA to make it easier on my large family to be able to attend the wedding. We are planning on having a second, casual reception for our friends down here.
  7. My fiance and I are stationed in WA, but we are both from NH and having our wedding there.
  8. I am going to wear a white dress and my groom wants to wear a campaign colored tux.
  9. Our color scheme is Chocolate Brown and Tiffany Blue. Would you have any suggestions on the type of flowers we'll be able to use?
  10. My Family Lives in California and his family lives in Washington, we have never been to Oregon which is in the middle and don't know any area of the state, so would it be unfair to have the wedding in California near my family?
  11. This is my second marriage but will be the first time for my fiance. We both reside in Texas and he wants to get married at The Madewood Plantation in Louisiana.
  12. I am going to wear a white dress and my groom wants to wear a campaign colored tux.
  13. If my wedding reception is only 3 hours, should I bother to hire a band or dj?
  14. Our color scheme is Chocolate Brown and Tiffany Blue. Would you have any suggestions on the type of flowers we'll be able to use?
  15. Should you tip any of the vendors at a wedding? If so how much? DJ? Photographer? Limo? Venue? Photo Booth attendant? Officiant?
  16. I'm getting married in Las Vegas in '09, and am having a very small wedding with only 10 people attending. Because I live in England, I'm struggling to find a restaurant where we can have a separate room to ourselves to host an intimate dinner for our guest?
  17. Well, my wedding isnt until January 2,2010 but I am trying to plan early. We already have a location for the reception and ceremony, but what do I do now?
  18. My parents have been divorced since I was a baby and grew up with my grandparents and aunt until middle school. From middle school on I lived with my dad. I'm not very close with my mother, and she most likely will not be at my wedding, but will still get
  19. So I want my sister to be my maid of honor, but my best friend...who is very dramatic and upsets very easily...has proclaimed herself my matron of honor and i never disagreed. I just figured oh whatever they can both be it. However, its really not what i
  20. Please help! I have a completely uneven number of girls and boys for our wedding. We want to have all of our children included in the wedding, but I have no clue what to have them as. I have three girls (14, 12, and 10) and two boys (7 and 5). I was think

Read more discussions on all wedding topics.

FIND BRIDAL CONSULTANTS

WEDDING PICTURES

Browse over 11,000 wedding photos