What if some of your Bridesmaids live in a different state?

Discussions for the bride, by the bride...

What if some of your Bridesmaids live in a different state?

How do they get fitted for their dresses?

Have questions? Ask them here.

4 RESPONSES

Ila
March 19, 2008

I have a Matron of Honor that lives in Colorado and I am living and getting married in Washington. I sent the matron of Honor a color swatch of the color that I wanted her to wear and told her that she could pick whatever style dress that she would be comfortable wearing. Infact, I told my whole wedding party their colors and then left the rest to them. Takes off the stress of that part from the Bride to Be that way. Good Luck on your Wedding.

HAWAIIAN MOON (Vendor Comment)
March 18, 2008

For the right island touch, outfit yourself and your bridal party with Hawaiian Moon clothing!

Shop at our two convenient locations in Honolulu at Ward Warehouse and Waikiki Beach Walk, 2nd level.

For the members of your bridal party who are on the mainland or neighbor island, shop at www.HawaiianMoon.com! Easy exchanges can be made within 30 days of purchase.

Choose from an array of colors and prints that are exclusive to Hawaiian Moon! See our customer photo page on our website for ideas and actual weddings!

We have quality matching island wear for children and adults, including your doggie! All clothing is proudly made in Hawaii!

Congratulations and enjoy your wedding planning!

CARA VINSON PHOTOGRAPHY (Vendor Comment)
March 15, 2008

One way to make absolutely sure that your bridesmaid's dresses fit is to allow them to buy their own locally and then send it or bring it before the wedding. Many brides now just choose their color, and allow the bridesmaids to wear the style of dress in that color that they are most comfortable in. This is especially true for plus-sized ladies and ladies who may be expecting a child. The look will still be lovely, everyone will match, and your bridesmaids aren't stuck with a dress that they will never wear again.

If you are buying your bridesmaids dresses for them from a national chain, then they should be able to go to a local store and get everything done.

If the dresses are being made where you are, for sure meticulous measurements are imperative. If it's possible, send the completed dress to them to try on, note the fit or any adjustments to it, and send back for final fitting. This would be most important if one of your bridesmaids is expecting a child.

If they are traveling from a long distance and can come a couple of days early, a final fitting and adjustment by a seamstress should be planned.

Best wishes to you and your ladies!

WEDDINGS WITH JOY (Vendor Comment)
March 13, 2008

THEY JUST NEED TO GO TO A BRIDAL SHOP IN THEIR AREA AND ASK IF THEY CAN MEASURE THEM. MOST SHOPS WILL SOME ARE NOT SO FRIENDLY AND WILL SAY NO OR CHARGE YOU! WE DO IT FOR OTHER STORES AND CAN ONLY HOPE THAT THE FAVOR IS RETURNED.
GOOD LUCK
ANGELA
WEDDINGS WITH JOY
OLYMPIA WASHINGTON

Leave a Comment

(log into your account: brides | vendors)

Read more discussions on all wedding topics.

FIND BRIDAL DRESSES

WEDDING PICTURES

Browse over 11,000 wedding photos