I am going to wear a white dress and my groom wants to wear a campaign colored tux.

Discussions for the bride, by the bride...

I am going to wear a white dress and my groom wants to wear a campaign colored tux.

I'm concerned that it will look bad together, what should we do so both of us will be happy?

Have questions? Ask them here.

3 RESPONSES

Carrie
January 6, 2009

I LOVE the idea of having something not so "traditional" - I too will have my fiance wear a tan colored (light colored) tux/suit - he looks better in it anyway - and I feel that most guys are usually uncomfortable in a tux (especially if it is rented and other people have worn it before) - plus he can purchase it at a great price - have it tailored to fit his body - and possibly use it in the future....it will hold special meaning to him (and you of course) too! Best of luck!

Robyn
January 6, 2009

Oh, I forgot to say this! My fiancee is wearing shorts in the wedding. Something that was really important to him (???) So some of our pictures will be from the waist up only!

Robyn
January 6, 2009

I've been married before, doing it right the 2nd time. I think it's worth it to let go of the things that won't matter long-term to gain the thing that does; that you both enjoy the wedding and get what you want. If the colors don't exactly match in your photos, so what? It's real life, not magazine life. Just make sure you show him exactly what the colors will look like together. Sometimes men can't visualize stuff like we can... Then go with it. Good luck!

Leave a Comment

(log into your account: brides | vendors)

Discuss other topics now:

1. Should you tip any of the vendors at a wedding? If so how much? DJ? Photographer? Limo? Venue? Photo Booth attendant? Officiant?
  2. I'm getting married in Las Vegas in '09, and am having a very small wedding with only 10 people attending. Because I live in England, I'm struggling to find a restaurant where we can have a separate room to ourselves to host an intimate dinner for our guest?
  3. Well, my wedding isnt until January 2,2010 but I am trying to plan early. We already have a location for the reception and ceremony, but what do I do now?
  4. My parents have been divorced since I was a baby and grew up with my grandparents and aunt until middle school. From middle school on I lived with my dad. I'm not very close with my mother, and she most likely will not be at my wedding, but will still get
  5. So I want my sister to be my maid of honor, but my best friend...who is very dramatic and upsets very easily...has proclaimed herself my matron of honor and i never disagreed. I just figured oh whatever they can both be it. However, its really not what i
  6. Please help! I have a completely uneven number of girls and boys for our wedding. We want to have all of our children included in the wedding, but I have no clue what to have them as. I have three girls (14, 12, and 10) and two boys (7 and 5). I was think
  7. I'm having trouble choosing a theme.
  8. I am planning a beach wedding in Ocean Isle Beach, NC but I am having a hard time finding caterers in that area since I am about 4 hours and I dont know the area at all.
  9. For my reception, I would like to create centerpieces myself, and bypass a florist, but my issue is that the caterers will not arrange anything on the tables to help. Should I hire an event coordinator for an hour or two?
  10. Any ideas on centerpieces that don't require flowers?
  11. How do you know what to get the bridesmates for their gifts?
  12. I'm having an outdoor garden wedding at the edge of a cliff, over looking the ocean. I'd like to walk down the isle to the song "The Adventure" by Angels and Airwaves. Will this song take away from the "peaceful, romantic" theme?
  13. I am confused about the colors for my weddings. .. Any ideas?
  14. Should i use real or silk flowers for my bouquets?
  15. Do I have to use a band in the ceremony or should I use the engagement ring?
  16. Can I dress white linens in a way that won't make them look stark white with an ivory and gold dress?
  17. Can you have a matron of honor as well as a maid of honor?
  18. Does anyone have any ideas for centerpieces or decoration?
  19. What are some good ideas to keep your reception interesting?
  20. How early is to early to start looking at gowns and is it inappropriate to go and look and try on gowns but not buy one yet

Read more discussions on all wedding topics.

FIND BRIDAL DRESSES

WEDDING PICTURES

Browse over 11,000 wedding photos