How do I make the groom stand out from the rest of the grooms men and still have them wearing nice suits?

Discussions for the bride, by the bride...

How do I make the groom stand out from the rest of the grooms men and still have them wearing nice suits?

Have questions? Ask them here.

3 RESPONSES

kiki
March 27, 2011

Has anyone ever order a dress from this site?
http://www.RomanceAround.com
The prices look really low..too low. It offers free shipping and handling to anywhere in the world.They also say you can choose ANY colour you like for the dress you want and they'll custom make it for you. This all makes me a little skeptical. Is it a valid site? If so, were you satisfied with your order when you got it?

MAGNETSTREETWEDDINGS.COM (Vendor Comment)
July 16, 2008

I agree with these awesome suggestions! And, depending on the formality, additional suggestions might include: distinctive footwear, hats, cummerbunds, even a cane. More subtle distinctions: cufflinks, buttons (shop antique stores for a vintage wedding). Fun!

CARA VINSON PHOTOGRAPHY (Vendor Comment)
July 11, 2008

There are so many ways to do this, and still have beautiful continuity for your photos.

He can wear a tie and vest to match your dress and the rest of the men match the bridesmaids. If you are having tuxedoes then his can be just a little more dramatic or formal. If they are suits than the tie/vest arrangment is great. If you are having a less formal day, then the difference of a tie and boutonniere will be just enough to make him distinctive.

His boutonniere can be very different from the groomsmen as well. These little differences can go a long way.

Best wishes to you!

Leave a Comment

(log into your account: brides | vendors)

Discuss other topics now:

1. How should the mother of the bride, stepfather, father of the bride and stepmother be seated at the church and at the reception?
  2. I'm having a hard time on centerpieces for a Tiffany blue and chocolate wedding.
  3. What are some of the nice summer colors that I can combine together that will go perfectly together.
  4. How do I get a dirt spot off the front of my wedding dress without making it worse or taking it to get drycleaned?
  5. How should I word my invitation for people to dress up?
  6. I am wondering who all involved in the wedding should my fiance and I buy gifts for?
  7. What colors will go with a sunflower bouquet and men in kilts?
  8. Who all receives corsages and buttoniers?
  9. I am having a Las Vegas wedding with only 6 guests attending. Where is a good place to go?!?
  10. Will lavender and fuschia be a bad color combination for a wedding?
  11. Is black a good color to have for a December weddnig?
  12. Is there a certain number of bridesmaids I should have?
  13. How should I get my 7 1/2 month old god-daughter down the aisle?
  14. What is the role/responsibility of the Maid of Honor and the Bridesmaid(s)?
  15. Any suggestions on how to ask your friends to be your bridesmaids?
  16. Any suggestions on how I can have a streak-free wedding day?
  17. How many places can you register for your wedding?
  18. What would be the proper way to invite certain guests to the reception only without being rude?
  19. When is the best time to confirm honeymoon plans?
  20. Can people really tell if the wedding party's bouquets and bottoniers are artificial?

Read more discussions on all wedding topics.

FIND FORMAL WEAR & TUXEDOS

WEDDING PICTURES

Browse over 11,000 wedding photos