My fiance is opposed to spending any money on a photographer/videographer, he feels that they are a huge waste of money. His friends have convinced him that we will never watch the video, or look at the photos. I really want both and although we are both paying for this wedding on our own, I am willing to put in more money to have what I want. My friends have told me that I must give in and allow him this one concession (I've controlled the whole wedding process up to now) but it's something I am not willing to give up. Any suggestions on how we both can win- and save this upcoming wedding?

Discussions for the bride, by the bride...

My fiance is opposed to spending any money on a photographer/videographer, he feels that they are a huge waste of money. His friends have convinced him that we will never watch the video, or look at the photos. I really want both and although we are both paying for this wedding on our own, I am willing to put in more money to have what I want. My friends have told me that I must give in and allow him this one concession (I've controlled the whole wedding process up to now) but it's something I am not willing to give up. Any suggestions on how we both can win- and save this upcoming wedding?

Have questions? Ask them here.

1 RESPONSE

Shelly
December 13, 2012

You could always use a photo-sharing app and let your guests take photos (kind of like disposable cameras, but way easier and cheaper). All the photos get sent to an online album and you can print what you like. They won't be professional quality, but you'll still get hundreds of pics! We're using PhotoOpp Bride Edition.

Leave a Comment

(log into your account: brides | vendors)

Discuss other topics now:

1. We are having an open bar with Beer and Wine...I was going to get Red and White wine....Do you have to get different types of each? or is one type red and one type of white ok??
  2. what is the proper etiquette for sending wedding invitations...or even announcements for a las vegas wedding? Should the invitation be inviting guests? or just an announcement of the wedding ?? or none of the above...I am clueless?? and...we have both been married before...if that matters at all.... please help
  3. I am looking for someone to do my hair, my maid of honor and 2 flowergirls for my wedding in St Louis MO. Any suggestions? I would like someone who is reliable and is reasonably priced if possible.
  4. I'm getting married in Nov 09. I have my reception hall booked but am stuck on a ceremony site. Any ideas? I'm up for anything! Thanks!
  5. Looking for a place in Las Vegas to have a small reception (25 people). Nice but not to expensive. In October.
  6. How do I add "No cameras allowed" to the invitations? I don't want cameras at the ceremony or reception. Thank You
  7. I'm looking for a jazz/ bossa nova band in Hawaii but no luck so far. I'm not sure how or where to look. Any ideas?
  8. How can I guarantee that a wedding coordinator is legit and not just pulling a fast one on me?
  9. where to stay in fort worth texas with 12 people for a bachlorette party?
  10. WHERE CAN I GET MY MAKE UP AND HAIR DONE???????
  11. Hello, How far in advance should save the dates and wedding invitation go out?
  12. My husband and I are already married, but we're having bit bigger ceremony and reception on our 2 year anniversary. We are having a daytime event this June and its not a formal occasion. Since we are already married, how can we word our invitations to our guests?
  13. I don't belong to any church and i always dreamed to have a wedding at a church... Do you know of any beautiful churches that would marry us?
  14. If a small silver plater (unengraved) is included with a wedding invitation ... what are you supposed to do with it? The silver plater is inside a blue velvet bag, tied up with a white ribbon and held together with a white shell. There is a white label stuck to the back of the plater with the name of the bride and groom and their wedding date. The invitation is traditional. Both (plater/invitation)arrived together in a box. I have looked on line, but cannot find anything about this. Any idea? Does the plater have any significance? Thanks!
  15. How do I lose the armpit fat I've gained during the time I was losing weight everywhere else? I thought losing the boobs was ok while I was slimming down. Now I have two weeks before the wedding and have discovered I have two significant deposits of armpit fat falling over my once 'okay' breasts, which are now almost non-existant. It's a sweetheart top, I don't know what to do besides get a fat girl shawl thrown over me. I've worked so hard every where else, how could i miss this?
  16. I am having a small evening buffet after having our wedding meal in the afternoon. I have about 20 guests, how do i keep up the momentum and keep everyone entertained? We're not having a DJ as there will be so few people.
  17. My invitations are compiled in one so the RSVP is not seperate, should i write in the guest names on the inside of the invitations or on the envelope
  18. how far in advance should i send out wedding invitation?
  19. How is www.Nightstarlimo.com Did anyone use them? Chicago limo
  20. Can anyone suggest some unique reception sites in Michigan (anywhere in the state) I have seriously looked at every place you could imagine! I would like something elegant, yet rustic/vintage (for exapmple and old mansion, a loft space, etc.) HELP!

Read more discussions on all wedding topics.

FIND PHOTOGRAPHERS

WEDDING PICTURES

Browse over 11,000 wedding photos